When I typed that title I initially wrote “wool” instead of “tool” and had this skit play out in my head where I tried to have an intelligent work debate with a sweater.
Actually, that doesn’t seem far off…
I’m not going to go into the issues I’m having at work right now because it’s probably not smart, healthy or that interesting. I can tell you that my boss is a bit difficult and I would very much like a vacation.
I also can’t tell you what to do when your boss is a being a jerk, not really. However I have mentioned how to handle troubling work relationships before.
What I can tell you is what hasn’t been working for me:
- Acting like a Child (including but not limited to stomping, silent treatment, yelling, door slamming)
- Picking every single battle as the BATTLE ROYALE!
- Saying something is ok when it is not
- Ignoring issues
- Crying quietly in my office
- Complaining every day to my coworkers, friends, family members, and to Boyfriend
- Saying “I don’t think I’m going to stay here” or alternatively “I’m walking out” or “I’ll just go work at (Starbucks/Target/The Mall)”
- Throwing pens
- Making faces while on the phone with the boss
- Passive Aggressiveness
I’ll update you all as things move forward but for now, here’s to the bored, the annoyed, the overqualified and under-challenged and anyone else struggling with dum-dums. Here’s to you, wonderful workers!
Best of luck!